Sunday, September 4, 2011

I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in...

You'll need all the usual supplies, plus lots of beer (See THIS post!) if you have help! Here is a photo of Gypsy Wind, so you can get an idea of her condition before I started.
As you can see, the paint is a bit faded, and there are some scratches. About what you'd expect after six years and 30k miles, from the Great Lakes, to Florida, the Gulf of Mexico, Cuba and the Bahamas.


This photo shows some of the growth on the bottom of the boat. Despite this and worse below, I sailed up from Deltaville the day before this photo at 7.2 knots (a knot is 1.15 mph for you landlubbers), or over 8 mph. She's a fast boat,
and faster still with a clean and scrubbed bottom!
In addition to painting the topsides of the boat, I'm going to have to scrape and paint the bottom as well. An ugly job, but not as painstaking as painting the hull.




















No comments:

Post a Comment